First time in the WORLD: V-3 Submersible Pumps with water-filled Motor
- Published 11/10/2011
As on today, there are lots of bore-wells with 3”. Jet pumps are in used for such 3” bore-wells which are less efficient and the life cycle is very short which is expensive to the end user. As minimum size of electric driven submersible pumps available in market is suitable for 4” bore-well only, there is no benefit of submersible pumps for such 3” bore-wells. KIWI Pumps initiated for the solution of this problem. KIWI Pumps designed, developed the advanced engineering solution and introduced V-3 submersible pumps with water-filled motor for the first time in the WORLD. (15-April-2001)
KIWI PUMPS NEWS
- Published 02/3/2008
- Implemented SAP® on August 1, 2007.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Award from council for Fair Business practices was received for small & medium industries for the year 2006.
- First direct export was made in the year 2006.
- All the workers & staff
of Kiwi Pumps had an excursion trip to Mount- Abu for 3 days in the
year 2006 (05-Mar-2006 to 07-Mar-2006).
- BETI-BACHAO (Save Girl
Child) compaign is carried out during the year 2006 by putting
advertisements in the BUS DEPOTS of GUJARAT.
- A garden is being maintained under private – public initiative with Rajkot Municipal Corporation from 16-July-2005.
- First indirect export was made in the year 2005.
of Living is a program for betterment of self in terms of health &
mental ability. The company has arranged a special program for the
workers & staff of the company to undergo the 5 days program in the
- IS mark from Bureau Of Indian Standards for V-4 pumps was obtained in the year 2004.
special program was organized on 01-08-2004 on completion of 5 years of
establishing Kiwi Pumps and around 700 personnel from industry, Trade
etc. participated in the program.
- ISO 9001:2000 system certification was obtained in the year 2003.
- Complete Stainless Steel pumps of V-6 model for salt industry were made n the year 2001.
- V-3 submersible pumps were developed in India for the first time by Kiwi Pumps in the year 2000.
- Submersible pumps production was started in 2000.
- Initial products manufactured at Kiwi Pumps were:
- Centrifugal Pumps.
- Side channel pumps.
- Regenerative self priming pumps.
- Jet Centrifugal Pumps.
- Kiwi Pumps was established on 01-Aug-1999 as a partnership firm.
Calculating Motor Speed:
A squirrel cage induction motor is a constant speed device. It cannot operate for any length of time at speeds below those shown on the nameplate without danger of burning out.
To Calculate the speed of a induction motor, apply this formula:
Srpm = 120 x F
Srpm = synchronous revolutions per
120 = constant
F = supply frequency (in cycles/sec)
P = number of motor winding poles
Example: What is the synchronous of a motor having 4 poles connected to a 60 hz power supply?
Srpm = 120 x F
Srpm = 120 x 60
Srpm = 7200
Srpm = 1800 rpm
Calculating Braking Torque:
Full-load motor torque is calculated to determine
the required braking torque of a motor.
To Determine braking torque of a motor, apply this formula:
T = 5252 x HP
= full-load motor torque (in lb-ft)
5252 = constant (33,000 divided by 3.14 x 2 = 5252)
HP = motor horsepower
rpm = speed of motor shaft
Example: What is the braking torque of a 60 HP, 240V motor rotating at 1725 rpm?
T = 5252 x HP
T = 5252 x 60
T = 315,120
T = 182.7 lb-ft